Below is a list of actual spam comments left on this blog, with the newest comments listed first. I’ve written about spamming before, but decided to save the best of the worst in one place.
I realize most of the spammers don’t know English*, but you’d think that someone at the top of the local SPAM heap would at least direct someone who did know English to write up something better than this or at least get the spelling correct. The other funny thing is that most of the comments have nothing to do with the topic at hand. I guess I should count my blessings as the sheer stupidity of the comments only help the spam filters be more accurate. [My comments follow the spam text in these brackets.]
My favorite spam comment was the one about the prisoner who was forced to spam (see Blogging: Spammers). The one about the dog below is pretty funny too.
Anyway, here’s my list so far (occasionally, I’ll include the topic that the comment appeared under):
- I beloved up to you’ll receive carried out right here. The comic strip is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nevertheless, you command get bought an nervousness over that you want be delivering the following. ill unquestionably come further until now again as precisely the similar nearly very regularly inside case you defend this increase. [Left on About. A couple funny things about this spammer: 1) I saw this guy’s name in a comment on another blog the same day it landed in my spam box, 2) He left me 2 spam messages the same day under the SAME name with 2 different email addresses. 3) I don’t have any comic strips. Yet. Stay tuned.]
- Nice to meet you your website looks extraordinary .I agree that you are working your horizontical knowledge.I am keen on know more of your site.Will come back! [Left on About.]
- I’m not saying they’re “morally” underpaid. If the players and owners negotiated their way to 54%, then it’s none of my business to tell either group it should be anything different. [Left on About. Maybe the spammer thinks I’m underpaid as a blogger; I know I don’t pay Skyyler much.]
- I was looking for information on this while doing research on my university paper. You brought up some interesting ideas. I am just wondering, how long have you been writing about this topic and when did you start your blog? I’m going to bookmark it and check back soon. Take care, Donald from Malaysia. [Left on About, which generates a lot of spam.* Oh, Donald, if you want to know when I started my blog, you could, uh, check the first post at 15 Must-See Sights in Google Earth on 3/13/09.]
* I figured out why so much spam is left on the About page of blogs: because it’s the one of the pages that is read the most consistently, and you can access that page from every page on the blog. Duh. I guess at least 1 spammer is smarter than I tHoT.
- I must say i liked this write-up thus i was wondering if perhaps people realize how to safeguard independently against junk mail email messages within the comming year connected with 2012. Make sure you study <stupid link> to generate money which means you may secure your self against spam. [Left on Are U Fooled by This Spam Technique?, of course!]
- I’m sory to go off topic but I’m having an emergency and need some advice. My 12 year old son just walked in the door with a dog he found and It looks like one of those pitbulls I have heard about but I’m not sure… Pitbulls are scary I cant have one arround my son, right?? Can any of you tell if it is one or not?? I took these pictures.. <bunch of links to supposed photos>. I really appreciate any information you can offer. [Left on Bruce Schneier Useless Fun Facts. A useless comment on a useless post.]
- Michael G. Redmond comment – so interesting that I wrote a separate post about it here.
- It is very helpful! [Left on No Blog this Week – uh, it’s helpful when I don’t post?]
- Nice post. I learn something new everyday. Thanks for sharing. [Left on About, which is not a “post”]
- Relatively wonderful position generally ensure that it stays traveling!
- Can only agree. So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable. [Topic: Teach Yourself ACL]
- Vast, I require already bookmarked your this messenger…Now I don’t have enough occasion in place of understand but alongside reading day one piece I be compelled require…it was a stubborn start ..
- big like! – thanks. [it was the link behind the user name that got the comment flagged as spam]
- Your house is valueble for me. Thanks!…
- As a result of you – this is exceptionally sympathetic !
* I should develop an English course and sell it on my blog!