According to CIO magazine, here’s the hot IT jobs (followed by comments by me in italics):
NOTE: IT Auditors, don’t pass over this article!
1. Security specialist/ethical hacker
One specialty, computer forensics, is hot. Forensic labs are almost always behind in their work. Is it due to a lack of good technicians or that forensic folks aren’t cheap? Either answer is good news.
CSO Simson Garfinkel notes that incorrect system time on your servers, clients, and devices (what I like to call “computer security clockwork”) can have the following effects:
- System logs are incorrect.
- Forensic investigations become more difficult.
- Scheduled jobs may occur too early, too late, or not at all.
- SSL certificate validity may be affected.
- Emails may be tagged as spam if they appear to have a future date.
- Electronic locks may open or lock inappropriately.