Tag Archives: new
If you’re a new IT auditor or want to become one, I’ve listed a number of my earlier posts for your consideration. If you’re an experienced auditor, here’s an overview of the profession through my eyes.
These posts will:
- Provide basic information regarding IT audit and security and links to other sources.
- Help you avoid some of the hidden pitfalls that control owners and auditors face.
- Give you ideas and approaches for some common and uncommon audits.
- Give you a few chuckles.
If you start at the top and read through each post, you’ll get a good taste of the positives and negatives of IT auditing. Since you can’t do it in one sitting, you could bookmark the list and work your way through it as you have time.
- Application ID
- Application role or group
- Membership in an local server group, Active Directory (AD) group, or UNIX Group
- Access to the application’s share and/or folder on the server
- Database ID
- Database role, including access permissions (read/write)
- Other permission (from a home-grown application code or enterprise identify management system)