It’s 10 o’clock in the cloud. Do you know where all your user IDs are? Are some hidden in the cloud?
Cloud security if often cloudy because it’s not on premise where you can control it easier.
That means you may have powerful user IDs in the cloud that your security team knows nothing about, which means….
When checking system access, make sure you look at all the different items that affect the user’s access. For example, the user might need one or more of the following:
- Application ID
- Application role or group
- Membership in an local server group, Active Directory (AD) group, or UNIX Group
- Access to the application’s share and/or folder on the server
- Database ID
- Database role, including access permissions (read/write)
- Other permission (from a home-grown application code or enterprise identify management system)