The site provides over 900 questions for you to test yourself.
However, you can only access 20 questions at a time from the 5 chapters of the ISACA CISA Review Manual, which are:
- The Process of Auditing Information Systems
- Governance and Management of IT
- Information Systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation
- Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Support
- Protection of Information Assets
The good news: after you finish the first 20 questions, you can request another set of 20 questions. Each set of questions are selected at random and provided to you in an interactive fashion.
Since each chapter is covered by a test bank of 100+ questions, you tend to get different questions each time (until you do the chapter 4 or 5 times).
Other good news: You can also choose to take a 20-question quiz that picks questions from a full exam test bank (all 900 questions). If you take that section over and over, you’ll get something close to a full exam in 20-question increments.
How to take a Free CISA Quiz
- Go to http://www.auditscripts.com/free-resources/cisa-practice-tests/
- Click the Take a Random 20 Question Quiz link next to the chapter you’re interested in (Chapters 1-5 or the complete exam section).
- Enter your name and email address, and click OK (you have to do this at the start of each 20-question quiz).
- Read the question and select your answer, and click Answer (clicking the other button ends the quiz).
- Read the feedback on your answer, which indicates whether your choice was correct. Click OK to go to the next question.
- Continue answering the questions in the same manner, noting how much time you have remaining in the upper right corner.
- When you’ve answered all the questions, the quiz will be graded. You will see whether you ‘passed’.
- Click Review Quiz to review all the questions and your answers, one at a time. Both your answer and the correct answer will be identified for each question.
- If desired, click the Feedback button on each question to see why your answer was correct or wrong. Click Next to move to the next question.
- When you’re done reviewing your answers, note that no ‘Finish’ or ‘I’m done’ button exists.
To start a new quiz, look to the top of the page and locate this text: Home » Free Resources » CISA Practice Tests » CISA Practice Test – Chapter #x . Click the CISA Practice Tests portion of the link (shown in red above). That allows you to select another to another 20-question quiz.
P.S. The only other free CISA practice questions I’m aware of are at ISACA; see my post, FREE CISA Prep: Self-Assessment Exam.
IF you know of other sites that offer FREE CISA practice questions, post the links in the comments, and PLEASE indicate
1) how many questions are available, and
2) whether registration is required.
Please don’t post any sites with less than 10 questions. Thanks!
See all my posts about CISA here: Master List of CISA Articles